Soundproof insulation is a valuable asset for homes and commercial buildings alike. Perhaps you’re creating the music studio you’ve always wanted, or maybe your child’s band needs to relocate from the garage to a quieter room in your basement. No matter what your needs may be, Insulation Pros of Colorado is your go-to resource for soundproofing — read on to learn more about our soundproof insulation installations!
What Is Soundproof Insulation?
One of the most common reasons that home and business owners invest in new insulation is to lower their heating and cooling costs. While this is certainly a good reason to invest in an insulation installation, soundproofing can be just as valuable. Many forms of insulation act as soundproof barriers, but there are specific kinds of insulation designed specifically for soundproofing that also provide thermal benefits.
Common residential uses of soundproof insulation include:
- Home theater: There’s nothing worse than a movie being interrupted during the most exciting moments, and if you’re investing in a home theater, then you need to add soundproof insulation to the room. You and your guests will all be able to focus solely on the movie, and you’ll also be able to turn up the volume without worrying about waking up the neighbors.
- Music room: Whether you enjoy playing the drums in your spare time or you have young kids who are trying to make it big in the rock music scene, having an isolated practice room is always a good idea.
- Home office: If you work from home, or if you’re studying in your spare time, then you need to have a quiet place in which you can concentrate. Busy coffee shops and internet cafes can be great, but there’s nothing quite like having a silent home office where you can focus solely on your work.
- Bedroom: A good night’s sleep is essential to your health and well-being. If you’re woken up in the middle of the night by passing cars or noisy neighbors, then you could benefit from soundproof insulation in your bedroom.
Common commercial uses of soundproof insulation include:
- Music studio: Many people aspire to own music studios, but struggle to find the perfect location. Soundproof insulation will allow you to rent or purchase virtually any commercial space you’d like!
- Meeting room: When you’re meeting with important executives from other companies, you need to ensure that your meeting room is a distraction-free zone. If you don’t want your meeting to be disrupted by outside noises or ringing phones elsewhere in the office, then you should invest in soundproof insulation.
- Office: Your employees need a quiet work environment just as much as you need a quiet meeting room! Whether you have a noisy restaurant nearby or your office is located next to a busy intersection, your employees will be happier and more productive when they can focus on their work in a distraction-free space.
- Movie theater: As we noted in the previous section, there’s nothing quite as irritating as an interruption during a movie. If you own or are currently building a theater, then you need to ensure that your customers aren’t distracted by the sounds coming from adjacent theaters.
The Different Kinds of Noise
Believe it or not, noise is not a singular category, and there are actually different kinds of noise that you may want to specifically eliminate. Airborne noise, for instance, is transmitted through air vibrations and includes things like television noise, voices, music, and animals. Impact noise, on the other hand, is generated by objects coming into contact with one another. If you’ve ever had a noisy upstairs neighbor, then you’ve probably heard them walking around with their shoes on or scooting a chair around the kitchen (and if the insulation in your building was particularly poor, then you may have even heard their washer and dryer!).
Soundproofing can address both forms of noise, depending on your needs. If you’re not sure about which kinds of noise you should be targeting with your insulation, then just get in touch with a member of our staff!
Choose Insulation Pros of Colorado for Your Insulation Installation!
Insulation Pros of Colorado is proud to be Colorado’s Top Rated Local® insulation company. We provide Denver and the surrounding areas with unparalleled products and services, and we would love to help you outfit your home with soundproof insulation.
To get started with an insulation installation, please call one of our insulation contractors at 720-340-8733 or fill out our online contact form. A member of our team will respond to you as quickly as possible to set up an initial consultation. We’ll help you determine the right product for your specific circumstances, and we’ll also provide you with a free, no-pressure estimate. Once you’ve approved the budget, our insulation contractors will get to work and install your new insulation as quickly as possible.
Are you ready to take the steps toward the soundproof home or business? Get in touch with Insulation Pros of Colorado today!